The Doom and destiny of the Noldor, and Vanimórë, son of Sauron, grandson of Fëanor, will be fulfilled.
Characters: Balrog, Beleg, Caranthir, Celebrimbor, Celegorm, Daeron, Eärendil, Ecthelion, Elrohir, Eluréd, Elurín, Eonwë, Fëanor, Fingolfin, Fingon, Finrod, Gil-galad, Glorfindel, Ingwë, Maedhros, Maeglin, Maglor, Mandos/Námo, Manwë, Melkor/Morgoth, Mouth of sauron, OFC, OMC, Orc, Oromë, Sauron, Thranduil, Turgon, Túrin, Ungoliant, Varda/Elbereth
Content: Action/Adventure, Angst, AU, Character Death, Drama, Explicit Sex, Incest, Slash
Chapter: 30 Completed: No
Words: 171778 Read: 16340
Published: November 22, 2016 Updated: October 07, 2018
1. Chapter 1 ~ Into The Shadows ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 10] (5513 words)
2. Chapter 2 ~ A Time To Take Risks ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 6] (5632 words)
3. Chapter 3 _ In Unexpected Places, In Unexpected Faces ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 5] (5899 words)
4. Chapter 4 ~ Storm Front ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 5] (4571 words)
5. Chapter 5 ~ Fire-eater~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (3841 words)
6. Chapter 6 ~ Stars That Bloom On The Edge Of Night ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 7] (4391 words)
7. Chapter 7 ~ The Eve of Departure ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 6] (4663 words)
8. Chapter 8 ~ The Veil ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 10] (4007 words)
9. Chapter 9 ~ Life Is The Anvil ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 6] (3854 words)
Dear anyone. I have been unwell and therefore not writing much and still do not know how much I will be able to write. One thing I have decided to do is not to rehash through the chapters of Dark Lands, Dark Blood and Dark God.
After this current chapter I shall skip time and begin posting edited chapters of what was 'Weapons of the Gods' which was uploaded here, but taken down a few years ago. Thank you for your patience if you are still reading
10. Chapter 10 Abyss by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 5] (5999 words)
Begins at the end of Dark God, after Elagalad's death and the end of the Age. If you haven't read it, or not for ages, might be worth just browsing the last chapters of Dark God again. But in summary: a meteor was heading for Earth. Glorfindel and the Elves created enormous subterranean refuges and many Mortals journeyed to them. There they (and the Elves) could live while the Earth healed, warded by power.
With Elgalad's death, in his grief, Vanimórë met the falling meteor. His body was destroyed, and the meteor fell in shards rather than as one solid object, which mitigated its damage.
There was a doubt Vanimórë would want to return, even though he could rebuild his physical form which was completely gone. It took time. But, much later, he did.
'As noted by Graham Hancock in his best seller books, near the end of the last Ice Age 12,800 years ago, a giant comet that had entered the solar system from deep space thousands of years earlier, broke into multiple fragments. Some of these struck the Earth causing a global cataclysm on a scale unseen since the extinction of the dinosaurs. At least eight of the fragments hit the North American ice cap, while further fragments hit the northern European ice cap.
The impacts, from comet fragments a mile wide approaching at more than 60,000 miles an hour, generated huge amounts of heat which instantly liquidized millions of square kilometers of ice, destabilizing the Earth’s crust and causing the global Deluge that is remembered in myths all around the world.
A second series of impacts, equally devastating, causing further cataclysmic flooding, occurred 11,600 years ago, the exact date that Plato gives for the destruction and submergence of Atlantis.'
11. Chapter 11 Time Was. Time Is. Time Is Past by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 5] (4467 words)
12. Chapter 12 From The Outside by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 3] (5542 words)
A quick update this time :)
13. Chapter 13 Blood Of My Soul by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 5] (7934 words)
14. Chapter 14 The Lost Shores of Memory by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 6] (9315 words)
15. Chapter 15 The Salt of Bitter Tears by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (8452 words)
16. Chapter 16 Unchained by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (8139 words)
17. Chapter 17 Between The Shadows Of Truth by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (5204 words)
18. Chapter 18 ~ Unpleasant Revelations ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (5069 words)
19. Chapter 19 ~ Beyond The Memories ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 3] (6779 words)
20. Chapter 20 ~ The Lingering Past ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 2] (5262 words)
21. Chapter 21 ~ The Price of Life and Love ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 2] (7810 words)
22. Chapter 22 ~ The Need to Surrender ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (4989 words)
23. Chapter 23 ~ The Walls of the Past ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 3] (4431 words)
24. Chapter 24 ~ Ascension ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 3] (4060 words)
25. Chapter 25 ~ Fire on the Mountain ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 2] (4512 words)
26. Chapter 26 ~ Reunion of Light ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (6442 words)
27. Chapter 27 ~ Shaking The Foundations ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (4765 words)
28. Chapter 28 ~ Searching For Reality ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 5] (7293 words)
29. Chapter 29 ~ Under The Power Lies Uncertainty ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 4] (6455 words)
30. Chapter 30 ~ Bright Threads On A Dark Loom ~ by Spiced Wine [Reviews - 2] (6488 words)
The first part of this chapter is based on Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth in Morgoth’s Ring. I found this gorgeous image of an old Andreth meeting Finrod for the last time. As most of you know, Andreth loved Aegnor, his brother, but he did not marry her because Elves don’t marry or bear children in times of war. He died before she, as Dorthonion faced Angband across the plain of Ard Galen and the Dagor Bragollach crashed against it in flame, and she lived on to become an old woman, as Finrod had prophesied. I thought, this is too sad, I must do something about this!Italics are quotes from Athrabeth.
'Whither go you?' she said.
'North away,' he said: 'to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes.'
'Will he be there, bright and tall, and the wind in his hair? Tell him. Tell him not to be reckless. Not to seek danger beyond need!'
'I will tell him,' said Finrod. 'But I might as well tell thee not to weep. He is a warrior, Andreth, and a spirit of wrath. In every stroke that he deals he sees the Enemy who long ago did thee this hurt. 'But you are not for Arda. Whither you go may you find light. Await us there, my brother - and me.'
From Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, J.R.R. Tolkien.
Art by Lady of the Flower: https://www.deviantart.com/samo-art/art/I-will-tell-him-Andreth-and-Finrod-626202886