Back to Middle-earth MonthBack to Middle-earth Month is an annual challenge that honors Tolkien’s universe and encourages creativity based on it. All Tolkien-based creative work is welcome, whether movie- or book-based. This year, Bingo Baggins has reopened his bingo hall! Bingo players will choose themed bingo cards to play with, each square of which contains a different challenge.
Below, you will find the rules for the game, which will begin on March 1 and run through the month. Please note that if you played the bingo game in 2012, several of the rules have changed. As we prepare for this year’s event, however, we hope that the B2MeM participants will first help us in other ways.
We need your help to create a range of diverse and fun bingo cards! We already have 105 bingo cards available and we’d love more. Each participant will be able to submit one card idea through the form. If you have the graphics skills to make your own cards, we welcome as many as you want to make provided you do not number them (we’ll handle that part!). The link to the submission form is here and more information about submitting and making bingo cards can be found here. (Please do NOT use the old form on this page; it will be removed shortly). The final day to submit cards is January 31.
There will be text-only versions of all of the cards for those participants who need or prefer them.
We need help getting the word out! B2MeM is a challenge for the entire Tolkien fandom, no matter what site you participate on. All formats, genres, eras, characters, and ratings are welcome. If you know other writers, artists, fanwork creators, or groups that might be interested in the challenge, pass the word along-- the more the merrier. (Please be a good citizen on your group and make sure it’s okay to make promotional posts before posting about B2MeM on other groups.)
If you own/moderate a group, event, or challenge and would like to become a B2MeM affiliate, contact the B2MeM moderators at email@example.com.
B2MeM 2019 Rules
1. Start by claiming your bingo cards. You may choose anywhere between one and ten cards. Ten cards is the maximum. There is no deadline to claim cards. Card claiming will begin on February 15.
2. Each day beginning March 1, we will call a number. There is no card stamping this year, though will we provide a stamp for those who wish to do it themselves. You do not have to post the fanwork for it to count as a completed challenge; this event works on the honor system and you determine how much work you feel is appropriate to count. Every person who gets a bingo will receive a banner.
3. You may work on as few or as many fanworks as you wish. You may combine prompts into one fanwork. You may use one prompt to create one fanwork. You may use B2MeM prompts to continue WIPs. You may use B2MeM prompts in fanworks created for other fandom events.
4. As always, we trust participants to decide for themselves what counts as filling a prompt. There are no rules regarding minimum word counts, time spent on the project, et cetera. There are no deadlines.
5. You may combine or ignore prompts as you see fit. For example, if you have three cards and the number called is on all three, you may use one, two, or all three prompts in however many fanworks you choose to work on that day.
6. You may not claim stamps for existing, finished pieces. You must use the day’s stamp(s) to create something new (starting a new piece from scratch or adding something new to a work in progress).
Instructions on how to play bingo and Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
We have mirror communities on Tumblr and LiveJournal, a mailing list so you can receive the prompts directly in your inbox, as well as an AO3 collection.
If you have questions, please comment here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
by Spiced Wine on January 13, 2019 16:05